The Residence Hotel Galway is a 3-star hotel located on the famous bustling Quay Street in the heart of Galway City. Cafe's, bars and restaurants are on your doorstep. The hotel has a split level bar which leads on to the main street. Superb food served all day. Live music played every weekend from traditional Irish sessions to modern live bands. Free WiFi available throughout.
Situated right next to the River Corrib and the famous Spanish Arch, which was built in 1584 and is renowned both nationally and internationally. The hotel is surrounded by medieval buildings and cobbled streets, and is situated in the most idyllic part of Galway City often referred to as Galway's Latin Quarter.
Once a 16th century Carmelite Convent the The Residence Hotel offers 20 well appointed guest rooms equipped with the following facilities:
- En-suite with bath and shower
- Direct Dial telephone
- Tea & Coffee making facilities
- Laundry Service
- Iron & Ironing Board
Services and Facilities
- 20 well appointed guest rooms.
- Free WiFi in public areas.
- 24 hour reception.
- Reduced rate car parking available locally.
- The Residence Hotel Bar- the bar boasts a split level design incorporating traditional and medieval features with all the modern comforts you'd expect to find in a city centre bar. This Victorian style bar with its open fires, wonderful oak wall panelling (from the home of famous actress Lily Langtry) leather upholstered furniture, and timber floors makes it a comfortable and relaxing place to have lunch during the day or enjoy an evening dinner while being entertained by one of our fine traditional music sessions or mid-week Jazz nights.
- Restaurant - wine and Dine at The Residence Hotel, available for private parties up to 50 paxs, menus tailored to suit all tastes and groups, semi private snug available for groups up to 50 paxs, finger food, platters available. All the benefits of a private area with the atmosphere of the main bar.
The Residence Hotel is located on the famous Quay street in the centre of Galway City. 5 mins walk from the Train and Bus station. Cafes, Bars and shops all located with in minutes of the Hotel. Check in is at 3.30pm and check out is at 11.30am.