The Residence Hotel Galway is a contemporary boutique hotel, located on the famous bustling Quay Street in the heart of Galway City. Surrounded by some of Galway’s best Cafe's, bars and restaurants. Including our own “Bar 1520”, offering superb food served all day. Live music played every weekend from traditional Irish sessions to modern live bands. Free WiFi available throughout.
The hotel is modern in design but perfectly in keeping with its historic surroundings. Situated right next to the River Corrib and the famous Spanish Arch. The hotel is surrounded by medieval buildings and cobbled streets, and is situated in the most idyllic part of Galway City often referred to as Galway's Latin Quarter. Less than a 15 minute walk to the beach in Salthill.
Once a 16th century Carmelite Convent the The Residence Hotel offers just 20 well-appointed guest rooms equipped with the following facilities:
- En-suite with bath and shower
- Direct Dial telephone
- Tea & Coffee making facilities
- Laundry Service
- Iron & Ironing Board
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- 20 well-appointed recently renovated guest rooms.
- Free Wi-Fi in public areas.
- 24 hour reception.
- Reduced rate car parking available locally.
- Bar 1520 - boasts a split level design incorporating traditional and medieval features with all the modern comforts you'd expect to find in a city centre bar. This Victorian style bar with its open fires, wonderful oak wall panelling (from the home of famous actress Lily Langtry) leather upholstered furniture, and timber floors makes it a comfortable and relaxing place to have lunch during the day or enjoy an evening dinner while being entertained by one of our fine traditional music sessions or mid-week Jazz nights.
- Restaurant - wine and Dine at The Residence Hotel, available for private parties up to 50 paxs, menus tailored to suit all tastes and groups, semi private snug available for groups up to 50 paxs, finger food, platters available. All the benefits of a private area with the atmosphere of the main bar.
Good to know
Reception 24 hour
Reduced rate car parking available locally
Check-in is at 3pm
Check-out is at 12pm